Feature Request

redbassett

Feature Request

Post by redbassett »

Any chance to get line numbers? Once I have a number of inputs, counting through them to figure out the ArtNet channel is a bit tiresome. Additionally, there is no way (that I can find) to re-order the inputs.

Just started using this, great utility!
redbassett

Re: Feature Request

Post by redbassett »

Ran through my 14 demo events already. At this point, the lack of easy number is all keeping me from purchasing. The addition of line numbers and the ability to label and re-order the events would sell this for me.
bernd
Site Admin

Post by bernd »

About the Channel:

I don't get why line numbers are required, because lines are sorted by dmx-channel.
The dmx-channel is show for each event, see screenshot.

About ordering:
Do you want to click on a column to sort it by that or do you want to move the event using drag and drop to your fav. order?

When i'm running a show, i have the bomac window in the background and i don't care about the values which are shown.
The final mapping is done by me in the remote software, which i want to acces by Art-Net.

I want to understand your request, can you explain what benefit you get in your workflow, please.

best regards

bernd
Attachments
channel.PNG
channel.PNG (36.02 KiB) Viewed 24652 times
redbassett

Post by redbassett »

I see the DMX address channel, but I'm sure it wasn't there before… I must have somehow missed it for several days now…

As for the re-assigning, I would ultimately like to be able to assign channels out of order and manually enter a channel for each event (increment by default when adding new events, but able to change an event channel later). I do the final mapping on the other end as well, but not being able to assign channel is a little annoying if I delete several events and then want one back from earlier.
bernd
Site Admin

Post by bernd »

Setting a channel manually is a planed feature and it will come in one of the next releases.
I have no fixed date for it, but i will be implemented.
redbassett

Post by redbassett »

bernd wrote:Setting a channel manually is a planed feature and it will come in one of the next releases.
I have no fixed date for it, but i will be implemented.
Sounds good, apologies for my confusion about the DMX address column. Looking forward to this update!
redbassett

Post by redbassett »

I actually do have one more question: Are licences single use? I may purchase one, but I would likely need to use it on a few different machines.
bernd
Site Admin

Post by bernd »

Single named user - you can install it on any amount of computers you like, but they must be operated by you.
If you need to operate with a second person on a second computer - then buy a second licence, please.

1 person - 1 computer = ok
2 persons - 1 (same) computer = ok
2 persons - 2 computers at the same time = get a second licence, please.
redbassett

Post by redbassett »

Thanks!
sarwanov

Post by sarwanov »

that's very interesting post.Thanks for sharing