AKAI APC 40

wildbill57

AKAI APC 40

Post by wildbill57 »

Hey Bernd,

So. I'm really oping to get your software to work. I notice in your Video you briefly mention the Akai APC40. That is the exact Midi controller I have and I would love to get it to work. Do you know how I do that? Can you help?

Thanks,

BG
bernd
Site Admin

Re: AKAI APC 40

Post by bernd »

Hi, what is the exact problem?

Quick how to:
1a) start the software first, this avoids that onPC blocks the midi device if you have only one. the apc driver isn't very well.
1b) if you have second midi device, you can start onpc first and assign there that other midi device. this avoids blocking the apc.

blocked midi device: some devices can only be used from one software at time. the second software which tries to allocate the device, gets an error. this could be the reason when bomac can't connect to a device (icon in front of the device shows unplugged plugs)

2) create a new project in bomac
3a) enter Art-Net IP 10.255.255.255 / Universe 4 (note: your network card must have assigned a valid Art-Net ip / if you are using 2's network use 2.255.255.255)
3b) if onPC is started bomac shows the onPC in the list, there you can choose the Art-Net address/universe from list.

4) add device "apc40" to the project
5) enable learn
6) hit buttons and faders you like, bomac adds them to the project.
7) disable learn

switch to onPC
Enable Art-Net Input and create your personal mapping in onPC remote settings.
You can check in DMX-Window if onPC can receive DMX from bomac.

Troubleshooting:
Networking is the top most problem.
Some laptops do not enable the network card if no cable is connected. if you are using no xPort-Node/network you need to install microsofts loopback adapter.
Make sure that you have assigned an valid Art-Net ip to your network card.
GMA1 uses only 2.x.x.x / gma2 uses both 2.x.x.x and 10.x.x.x / i prefer 10.x.x.x because it isn't routed to the internet.

if you like, i can share my bomac-project-file and my onPC remote settings.
WilmerTorres

Post by WilmerTorres »

i follow all the steps but my apc 40 doesn´t works, you can help me, i use a macbookPro 16gb ram, core i7 2.60 ghz
bernd
Site Admin

Post by bernd »

Can you explain what is not working?

Are you stuck in the new project dialog?
Can you add you APC to the project?
Did you learn some keys into bomac?
WilmerTorres

Post by WilmerTorres »

forget that coment, my problem was the ip, isolve that