MA2 ON PC

JUNOTAM

MA2 ON PC

Post by JUNOTAM »

hi bernd,

now i have set up my system successfully, i can use my midi controller through your software to control my ma2 on pc now, but i have a question want to ask , now our system is one way control , the midi controller -> ma2on pc ,the question i want to ask is can the ma2 onpc send out the midi singal back to the controller at the same time to change the value of it?
because if i am operate the show , i will use my midi controller and my pc button at the same time , so if i change the value on my pc ,but the controller have not change the value ,i think it will br very trouble :(

thank you :lol:
bernd
Site Admin

Re: MA2 ON PC

Post by bernd »

Hi, this is not possible of some reasons:
First and the major problem GMA doesn't output all required information's. These information's are the position of faders or which executors are allocated or state of executors (running/off/beat etc.).

Second problem there are so many midi controllers out there and all work different. How to translate what is in GMA to that specified midi controller.
Look at the novation ones, which have displays etc.

There are some hacks which are using telnet, dmx output, midi and osc at the same time to collect some information's. Some other hack's simply capture the gma screen and try to extract information's from there.

Bomac is a tool which can be used with GMA. But my focus is to get a general tool for every software which understand's Art-Net.
In other words, i don't change bomac for support the special requirements only of GMA. Maybe in future i will build a "bomac for gma", but currently not.

Some time ago i saw a software Art-Net to Midi or you can try to use the midi-out from GMA to support your controller.
burgoyne711

Post by burgoyne711 »

Any word on what those hacks might be???

When I say your program I about nearly lost it!!! I could not believe how easy it was compared to bomes mt and the others..... I cannot remember if they are also one sided programming also.... I could never actually get them to work.

I am about to buy your program. As far as I know this is the best program for hooking up MIDI controllers
bernd
Site Admin

Post by bernd »

burgoyne711 wrote:Any word on what those hacks might be???
Other programm using telnet, msc or try to read the displays.