No dmx output in Ma2

vjmvbs

No dmx output in Ma2

Post by vjmvbs »

Hi,

I am playing with your software but i can not get it right. :twisted:
I have a PC with windows 7 GrandMa2 Software 3.2.2.13.
I have a Artnet setup with 10.0.0.1 subnet 255.0.0.0 gateway 10.0.0.254.
I only run the Ma2 software on my laptop and don't have a console or something connected.
I start the session in Ma2 and see the session in Your software, i can choose the Midi and have the learn on for 14 channels, turn of the learn and go and see if i get the dmx control in Ma2.
This is not happening, it seems i have setup everything right ( i am playing with it for 2 day's) so i hope i don't make a mistake somewhere. :lol: :lol:
I added som pictures of my settings.
Maybe you could have a look what is my problem.

Recards Vincent
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (88.99 KiB) Viewed 13492 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (108.18 KiB) Viewed 13492 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (181.1 KiB) Viewed 13492 times
bernd
Site Admin

Re: No dmx output in Ma2

Post by bernd »

Did you see this post?
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71

In your case: use a different second address but NOT 10.0.0.254, because your ODE is running there.
Setting the ODE address as network gate way is wrong! A ode is NOT network router!

Give your network adapter two IPs:

Go to BOMAC project settings:
Setup target IP to 10.0.0.1

Switch to "Special"-Tab and set local IP to 10.0.0.253.

Don't forget Grandma start universe counting with 1 and not like the standard with 0!

Art-Net:
Network: 0
Subnet: 0
Universe: 4

will get into the Grandma2 as 0:0:5 !

No related to BOMAC:
You wrote that there is no dmx output. To use GrandMA2 YOU NEED to connect hardware from MA Lighting to get an output.
INPUT works without MA hardware.
vjmvbs

Post by vjmvbs »

Hi Bernd,

Oké i got it working this time, a little confusing in the beginning but i get it.

Works nice your software, what i like to do is controlling the wheels, dimmer wheel and pan an tilt if i select a dimmer or Fixture.
I use a Beringer BCF2000 Midi controller and like to use the encoder wheels on top 1>8 for that.
I try a lot off different cmd inputs like; SetVar $myencoder1 - "Dim" or Atribute "dim" + $Encoder but notting seems to work.
Do you have any experience with this?

Best Regards Vincent
bernd
Site Admin

Post by bernd »

Those $variable are already set?
Did you took care of the spaces between values and signs.

Did you saw the working macro's in MA-Share-net?

When I'm working with GMA2 i always avoid using scripts or macros.
I never missed the encoders, because i have my presets and i'm working only with them.
If i need a value, i'm normal using my MA-Key (http://quantendrehung.de/cms/artikel/makey/) to entering it.

I own a Fader-Wing - i use the channellink command a lot, to bind PAN/PILT on my 15 Wing-Faders in Channel-Mode.