Artnet IPs.. HELP!

jpinsk

Artnet IPs.. HELP!

Post by jpinsk »

Hello, I have set everything up as shown in the video to and can see in the bomac software values changing when I move faders on my midi controller. I have also mapped the remote dmx inputs to cue faders in ma2 onPC. I am running everything on one desktop PC which has windows 8 installed... this computer is not connected to the internet and is only running a local network to connect onPC to grandma 3d for visualization. However my problem is that nothing happens in MA2 when I move the midi faders. I keep seeing Bernd tell people on here to make sure the artnet IP is correct and set up an artnet IP on my network card but I am not sure exactly how to do this. When I start the project in bomac it sees the artnet session from ma2 and displays 2.0.0.1 as the IP but still does not seem to be connected to ma2. I have run both programs as administrator and allowed them network access permission through the firewall. Can someone please help me, I really want to get this working!! Thanks!!
bernd
Site Admin

Re: Artnet IPs.. HELP!

Post by bernd »

Hi,

first try to use the broadcast adress "2.255.255.255".
You can check with dmx-workshop what happens in background with Art-Net.

About setting IP adresses:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/ho ... windows-7/
Maybe your network is disconnected by windows. Happens on standalone PC's or Laptops with no aktiv wlan or lan connection, in this case you need the microsoft loopback adapter.

Art-Net F.A.Q. is here: http://quantendrehung.de/cms/projekte/e ... omac/#c107
jpinsk

Re: Artnet IPs.. HELP!

Post by jpinsk »

Thanks for the help. I ended up solving the problem by turning off my firewall. All the programs were supposed to be allowed through but completely turning off the firewall did the trick. I'm so happy to get this working! I plan on buying the software in a few more days once I fiddle with it some more. Thanks again